THE STEVIE AWARDS FOR WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Winners in 15th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business Announced World’s Top Honors for Women Entrepreneurs, Executives, Employees, and the Organizations They Run Were Presented in New York Before More Than 500 Accomplished Women From Around the World
Fairfax, VA – Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, winners in the 2018 Stevie® Awards for Women in Business were announced on Friday, November 16.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards® and American Business Awards®. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
With more than 500 businesswomen and their guests in attendance, the awards were announced at a gala dinner at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. Nations represented at the event included Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Switzerland, U.S.A., United Kingdom, and Vietnam, among others.
The presentations were broadcast live worldwide.
More than 1,500 nominations from organizations and individuals in 33 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Startup of the Year, among others. Winners were chosen by more than 200 business professionals working in six specialized judging committees to determine the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
Grand Stevie Award trophies were presented to the five organizations that submitted the best body of entries to the competition, in their own names or in the names of one or more clients. Winners were determined by the number of Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Awards won in the competition. The Grand Stevie Award winners are:
- Award Winning Accelerator, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (#1)
- Plan International Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada (#2)
- DP DHL, worldwide (#3)
- The Female Social Network, Sydney, NSW, Australia (#4)
- Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (#5)
Notable Gold Stevie Award winners in this year’s competition include:
- Aflac, Columbus, GA USA — Communications or PR Campaign of the Year — Reputation/Brand Management
- Bon Choix Couture, Glendale, CA USA — Company of the Year – Business Services – 10 or Less Employees
- Dee Hutchinson, Founder of Dee Hutchinson Talent Development Ltd, Waterford, Ireland — Mentor or Coach of the Year — Business
- Laurie LaPat-Polasko, Vice President/National Director of Remediation, Matrix New World Engineering, Florham Park, NJ — Woman of the Year — Technology
- PotomacWave, Alexandria, VA USA — Fastest Growing Company of the Year
- Caroline Riseboro, President & CEO, Plan International Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada — Women Helping Women — Government or Non-Profit
- HK Strategies, Mexico City, Mexico — Communications or PR Campaign of the Year — Public Service
- Ashley Harris, CEO, LoveBug Probiotics, New York, NY — Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Consumer Products – 10 or Less Employees
- Anne-Lise Dorry, Senior Director of Corporate Finance Products, Thomson Reuters, New York, NY — Employee of the Year — Business
- Esther Rovira, CEO, CasaAPP, Barcelona, Spain — Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Sykes Enterprises, Tampa, FL USA — Achievement in Developing and Promoting Women
- PharmaLogics Recruiting, Quincy, MA USA — Achievement in Equal Pay
The 2018 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include Award Winning Accelerator, DHL Express, Dignity Health, iTalent Digital, Jeunesse Global, LoveBug Probiotics, Plan International Canada, Simpson Healthcare Executives, Tata Consultancy Services, The Cura Foundation, The Female Social Network, Thomson Reuters, and Tick Tock Boom Digital Agency.
For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit http://www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
Entries for the 2019 edition of the awards will open in May.